Friday 2 December 2011

Mud

I was a light,
and I shone for them
as bright as I could.
They didn't listen to me, nor did they see me.
They stepped on me,
they thought I was mud.
And I put my best,
to shine brighter,
see?  here's yellow
and here's white
here's blue
here's my light
by the pavement,
a puddle of mud
Yet why won't you listen, why can't you see,
I am bright for you inside,
I'll shine your path so bright
and here's friends my clarity
here's sanity, here's respect,
here's sacrifice, here's truth instead
I was a mud,
for them to step on me,
as heavy as they could,
their soles tortured me,
their eyes despised me,
and when it rained,
I was washed away,
a tiny spec of dust,
sitting by the courtyard,
and wind blew
and here's your friends
and here's your relatives
and here's your love
and here's your hope
and here's to fever
and here's to neon
and my face was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment